A New View on Human Sound Perception
Speech Generation and Recognition Based on Interference Modulation and Demodulation
- In telecommunication engineering it is well known that if you have to transmit signals over more that few meters you need to modulate the signal at the transmitter point and demodulate at the receiver point.
- Speech is very robust and can be recognized over long distances and under difficult conditions. Therefore, it is presumably that speech is based on modulation and demodulation.
- Therefore a new method for speech generation and recognition has been developed.
- The method is based on interference modulation and demodulation (IMODEM also known as APPA) in the oscillation range from 800 to 3200 Hz.
- Interference modulation consists of carrier oscillations and interference dynamic amplitude modulation.
Speech recognition will be simplified if it is based on IMODOM methods instead of FFT in the same way as Copernicus simplified the universe when he placed the sun in the center instead of the earth.